Celebrations for the 50th Anniversary of the CIBPA Bursary Program
A Gala has been organised to celebrates this important milestone for our association. Click on the image below to download the Souvenir Booklet of the Gala
The Gala was held on Friday, November 25, 2011 at Plaza Volare Crown Plaza, in Montreal, under the Honorary presidency of Mr. Mariano A. De Carolis, general director of the Caisse populaire Desjardins Canadienne Italienne.
The profits of the evening went entirely to CIBPA Foundation for the Endowment Fund, to contribute to the perpetuity of the Bursary Program in the years to follow.
RAI International was present to the Gala:
Click here to watch the program Italia Chiama Italia of December 30th, 2011 where the report on CIBPA is presented!
Report on the Gala:
On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Bursary Program, 50 students (among over 170 applications received) were awarded bursaries.
The bursaries were distributed as follow: 2 PhD (4 000$ each), 6 Masters (3 000$ each) and 27 Bachelors (2 000$ each), were awarded on financial need and academic merit criteria. This year for the first time, CIBPA also awarded 15 Meritorious Bursaries (1 000$ each) based on academic excellence only.
List of Bursary Recipients
Mr. Angelo Lepore was Chair of the 2011 Selection Committee.
Among the invited guests were:
the Senator Basilio Giordano, the Consul General of Italy Giulio Picheca, the Mayor of the Borough of St-Léonard, Michel Bissonnet, the President of the Fondation Communautaire Canadienne Italienne (FCCI) Carmine D’Argenio, and Me Raphaël Esposito, co-founder of the CIBPA Bursary Program in 1961.
During the evening, various personalities have been introduced on the stage:
- Me Raphaël Esposito, a pioneer of CIBPA and the only living co-founder of the CIBPA Bursary Program, who proudly gave his moving testimonial to the guests present. He was honored with a plaque for his great contribution to the Italian-Canadian community;
- Mr. Mariano A. De Carolis, Honorary President of the Gala. The President of the CIBPA Mr. Giovanni Chieffallo, honoreud him with a piece of art for his great contribution to this Gala as Honorary President;
- Me Rita Lc De Santis was President of the fundraising campaign from 2002-2011. She introduced Mr. Nick Di Tempora who accepted the presidency of the fundraising campaign commencing in 2012;
- Mr. Gian Carlo Biferali was President of CIBPA Bursary Program from 2006-2011. He introduced Mr. Mike Goriani who accepted the presidency of the CIBPA Bursary Program commencing in 2012.
The evening was co-hosted by the dynamic and enthusiastic Ms Carole Gagliardi and Mr. Marco Luciani Castiglia.
The evening was made possible thanks to the great contributions of many sponsors:
the corporate sponsors - Caisse populaire Desjardins Canadienne Italienne, RBC Banque Royale, Dignité, Saputo, KBHNS, Selectcom Telecom, Samcon, Corriere Italianoand the Gala Sponsors, FCCI, Construction Di Lillo, Magnus Poirier, Houston, Cavaleri Donatelli notaires & Mercadante Pace, avocats, Dr. Franco Mignacca, D.D.S., Bijouterie Italienne.
450 people attended this beautiful and memorable event.
The profits of the evening have been donated to the CIBPA Foundation.
On December 14, 2011 a special AGM of CIBPA was held to officially adopt the new By-laws of the CIBPA Foundation. This AGM took place in the private suites of RBC Royal Bank, 1 Place Ville Marie, 41st floor, Montreal, at 5.30pm.
The CIBPA Foundation aims to guarantee the perpetuity and protection of the CIBPA Bursary Program.
Look at the pictures of the 50th anniversary Gala
Cibpa Foundation, in collaboration with Caisse populaire Desjardins Canadienne Italienne, joins Hydro-Quebec to encourage you to get rid off you old frigo: you will help saving energy and at the same time you will contribute to support the CIBPA Bursary Program.Thank you for your support to the Projet Recyc-Frigo and the CIBPA Bursary Program!
If you want to:
- save energy and money
- have your your old refrigerator picked up for free
- recevoir 30 $ par appareil ramassé
- donate 30 $ to CIBPA Foundation for its Bursary Program (the CIBPA Foundation will issue a tax receipt)
Please read the instructions & condition and fill in the form, then return it to:
8370, boulevard Lacordaire # 310,
Montréal (Qc) H1R 3Y6,
An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)